Posted on: Tuesday, April 5, 2011
The Houston Cadillac Dealers have long since believed that the CTS-V is the best car to buy. Now MotorAuthority, a leading website catering to luxury car buyers, agrees by naming the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V as the “Best Performance/Luxury Car.” MotorAuthority’s “Best Car to Buy Award” is chosen yearly from the newest sports cars, sedan and SUVs. Cadillac beat out other 2011 finalists such as the Bentley Mulsanne, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Ford Shelby GT5000, Infiniti M56 and Hyundai Equus. Not a bad group of vehicles to grouped with.
Editors of MotorAuthority are judges and they pick nominees based on full road-test reviews. According to MotorAuthority, the winner is the vehicle that editors would put in their own garages, to drive on a perfect day, on the perfect road. The Cadillac CTS-V is just that: Perfect.
“We’ve been rooting for more V-series car since we drove the CTS-V Sedan,” said MotorAuthority Editor Nelson Ireson. “The stunning profile of the two-door CTS-V Coupe and the high-speed flexibility of the CTS-V Wagon add rubber-burning luster to a lineup filled with winning luxury vehicles.”
The Cadillac CTS-V Coupe and CTS-V Wagon joined the CTS-V Sedan for the 2011 model year. All three CTS-V Series models have a supercharged 6.2L V8 engine with 556 horsepower, Brembo brakes and a Magnetic Ride Control suspension that can read and react to the road in milliseconds.
“The V-Series is the ultimate embodiment of Cadillac performance,” said Don Butler, Vice President for Cadillac marketing. “The addition of the V Wagon and Coupe gives us a family of luxury sports cars that rivals any competitor in the world. We’re pleased MotorAuthority agreed by selecting the new CTS-V models as its “Best to Buy” for 2011.”
Want to know what all the fuss is about? Stop by your local Houston Cadillac Dealer to test drive Cadillac’s CTS-V Sports Sedan, Wagon or Coupe today. To be kept up-to-date on all things Cadillac and events in Houston, LIKE Houston Cadillac Dealers on Facebook.
Posted on: Thursday, March 17, 2011
The Cadillac CTS-V Coupe is proud to be the new standard of the world. Whether you are a causal driver, a die-hard race fan, an enthusiast or just thinking about a new car, the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe will amaze you.
There are so many things to love about the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe; we just can’t stop talking about it. Whether you are racing or just sitting in traffic, this vehicle is second to none. Even the brake lights are awesome. With a top speed of 190 mph, which you should never drive, the Cadillac CTS-V needed a spoiler to keep it firmly planted to the road. So to keep its visual integrity, Cadillac developed a Center High Mounted Stop Lamp that doubles as a spoiler. This is where form marries function.
The 556 HP engine makes the CTS-V world class and its innovation makes it a Cadillac. The convex hood on the CTS-V accommodates its 6.2 supercharged V8 engine, extending the body work lower as air passes above the body rather than below it. The wheels and fog lamps were designed to pull air over the race-inspired Brembo brakes. Even the windshield wipers have been engineered to stay glued to the windshield at its top 190 mph speed. Again, unless you are on a track and a professional, you should never drive this fast.
The Houston Cadillac dealers love this car just as much for its interior too. The available track-tested RECARO seats make your body an extension of the CTS-V. With 14-way power adjustable pneumatic bolster controls and a manually actuated thigh extender, it’s the perfect blend of luxury and driver-focused performance.
Cadillac and the Houston Cadillac Dealers believe that compromise is not in our DNA. From its inception, the Cadillac CTS-V has defied the confines of the luxury category. Every engineering challenge was countered with American inventiveness. By compromising nothing a luxury car is elevated to a Cadillac.
Drive in to your local Houston Cadillac dealer to test drive a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V today. Find out for yourself why we can’t stop talking about the CTS-V. One test drive and you will understand why Cadillac is the new standard of the world.
Posted on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011
The 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Series’ Magnetic Ride Control uses shocks controlled by advanced magneto-rheological technology, rather than mechanical valves, to greatly accelerate response time and precision. Electronic sensors at all four wheels literally “read the road” every millisecond. The Cadillac CTS-V’s electronic sensors make constant adjustments to damping, creating virtually instantaneous and extremely precise control of body motions.
The Cadillac CTS-V Series’ Magnetic Ride shocks also enable a broader range of damping control to optimize the ride and handle for all driving conditions, whether it is another snow storm like in 2011 or a sunny day, your drive will be as smooth as butter. With the Cadillac CTS-V, an extra measure of control is offered, with two selectable modes (Tour and Sport), enabling you, the driver to tailor the suspension for grand touring or more spirited performance driving. Heaven on wheels.
The CTS-V also incorporates sophisticated braking and tire systems, in partnership with two companies renowned for high-performance technology: Brembo and Michelin. Oversized, vented Brembo brakes enable strong initial braking force while optimizing heat resistance and eliminating fade. The 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe comes with 19” wheels with Brembo disc brakes – 6-piston in front, 4-piston in rear-bringing massive stopping power.
Michelin also partnered with Cadillac engineers to develop an exclusive Pilot Sport PS2 tire specifically engineered for the CTS-V. The tires support high levels of grip in track conditions, while also affording excellent performance on the road.
Michelin, Brembo and Magnetic Ride Control are a formula for success. Come to your local Houston Cadillac Dealer to test drive one of the 2011 Cadillac CTS V-Series automobiles today.
Posted on: Monday, December 20, 2010
The all-new 2011 Cadillac CTS-V takes the mantle piece that is the luxury sedan and puts it squarely back into the hands of the American people with an American-made vehicle. For far too long now the best luxury sedans have been viewed as coming from foreign competition and foreign soil. That time has come to an end. Picture yourself driving the highways and byways of Houston in a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V with these interior features:
· 6 Airbags with driver and front passenger front-impact passenger protection sensing system; driver and front passenger seat-mounted side-impact for thorax and pelvic protection; first/second-row outboard head- curtain side-impact airbags
· Audio system with 10-speaker Bose® 5.1 surround sound system
· Hard-drive device with AM/FM/RDS1/MP3/DVD & USB audio connectivity
· Bluetooth® for Phone Interface for hands-free calling for cell phones
· Dual-zone automatic electronic climate control with individual settings for driver and front passenger; outboard outlets adjustable for additional side-window defogging; electronic rear-window defogger
· Electronic cruise control with set and resume speed
· Driver information center with vehicle status and readout
· Electric Parking Brake
· Keyless access system with Adaptive Remote Start that will activate heated/ventilated seats (when equipped)
· Climate control system and defroster
· Interior Ambient LED spotlights with lighting pipes
· Memory presets for two drivers, which include 10-way power drivers seat, outside mirrors, & driver personalization
· Automatic-dimming rearview mirror with OnStar controls
· Hard drive-based navigation with 8” diagonal glide-up touch screen with voice and text guidance
· OnStar® Standard one-year Directions & Connections Plan
· 4-passenger seating (2+2 seating); front heated bucket leather seating surfaces with suede microfiber inserts, 10-way power adjuster/recliner, 2-way lumbar control, driver and front passenger seat; split-folding rear seat with armrest which includes cupholders
· Power tilt telescoping steering wheel
· Leather-trimmed steering wheel with tilt wheel-adjustable with fingertip controls for sound system, climate control system, traction control, phone call end, and navigation
When you are inside the new 2011 Cadillac CTS-V, on the road in Houston, you will find that no matter how many sideways glances you are getting for it’s glamorous exterior, you will know that that your admirers are only getting half the picture. Because even though your CTS-V may be the most beautiful vehicle to grace the streets of Houston, it’s what’s inside that counts.